Double Shot #2417
Being Engineer 1 at a new startup is a possibility if you're in Austin. I've worked with Josh before, and I'd happily work with him again.
- Demystifying Rails - Free online book from Launch School that dissects some Rails internals to remove the magic, or at least explain it.
- Never work as a software engineer in a Startup! - Why you should think of yourself as a Product Engineer instead.
- [CVE-2019-15224] Version 1.6.13 published with malicious backdoor. - The ruby rest-client gem got compromised. Fortunately the bad versions were yanked pretty quickly, but if you use this gem you need to check.
- Gems yanked and accounts locked - The official RubyGems list of problems.
- Deep code completion on your laptop - Code completion via deep learning without using the internet.
- Google Images Restored - Chrome and Firefox extension to reverse the latest changes.
- Guildma malware is now accessing Facebook and YouTube to keep up-to-date - Honestly, I think the best software developers are working in malware these days. A fascinating analysis.
- Emoji Driven Development in Ruby - Why yes, you can include emojis in your source code.
- A Rubric for Open Source Documentation - Some things that might make your project more approachable.